[molpro-user] Fwd: Is dumping SURF results into record other than default(5600.2) unavailable?

Guntram Rauhut rauhut at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Jul 11 09:27:07 CEST 2016

Dear Takao Kobayashi,

in your calculation you request Molpro to read an external potential
file (initial.pot) and to save it in record 5601.2. The problem is the
following: in the external ASCII file (initial.pot) the record is set to
5600.2. You may easily check that as you can read the file (see the line
starting with "Record for saving SURF results:"). Your option
(save=5601.2) in the disk directive of the surf program will simply be
overwritten by this. Once you want to store this potential in a
different record, you have to alter the record number in the external
ASCII file (!!) to this number. I admit that this is a cumbersome
solution, but for other reasons we had to implement it this way. Your
calculation should run then without problems.

Best wishes,

     Guntram Rauhut

On 07/08/2016 11:47 PM, molpro-user wrote:

> [...]

  Apl. Prof. Dr. Guntram Rauhut
  Institut f. Theoretische Chemie
  Universitaet Stuttgart
  Pfaffenwaldring 55