[molpro-user] Functions of the new MRCIC program and efficient use of the older MRCI program

Peterson, Kirk kipeters at wsu.edu
Sat Oct 29 17:59:55 CEST 2016

Dear Christian,

at least in regards to point 3 below, it looks like your job is needing about 80GB of RAM (~134 MW = 1 GB).  Note that this is 80GB per core (the memory you request with the memory directive is also per core). So if you have 256 GB of RAM on your node, you probably don’t want to request more than 2-3 cores and then make sure to allocate the whole node for yourself (or run across nodes if you have something like infiniband).

best,

-Kirk

PS - perhaps for historical reasons, I always use the Davidson correction and not the Pople correction.