[molpro-user] active space problem

Peterson, Kirk kipeters at wsu.edu
Mon Dec 25 18:20:03 CET 2017

Dear Dibyendu,

the default in molpro is to evidently not include the 5p orbitals into the active space, hence your error since it only includes the 2 sigma MOs from the 2 6s orbitals.  Since you’ve forced C2v symmetry with your choice of zmatrix, you need to add two orbitals each in symmetries 1, 2, and 3 for the 6 5p orbitals  (5pz, 5px, 5py).  Currently you’re also asking for 4 states of symmetry 1, but the Pi states will be in symmetries 2 and 3.  Try the following for 1 Sigma+ and 1 degenerate Pi state. Modify your MRCI input correspondingly.

{multi;occ,8,4,4,0
wf,18,1,0;state,1
wf,18,2,0;state,1
wf,18,3,0;state,1