[molpro-user] OQVCCD does not converge at extreme geometries, but CCSD does

Daniel Kats dnkats at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:25:37 CEST 2017

Dear Tibor,

There are few things one can try:

1. The best solution would be to go from a single-reference geometry to the
multi-reference geometries in small steps, always restarting from the
previous calculation, e.g.,
file,2,molecule.wfu
hf
{oqvccd(t),shiftp=0.8,shifts=0.6;maxit,100;start,5200.2;save,5200.2}

2. If it's not possible, one can try to generate a more reasonable starting
guess than MP2.
First option is to simply use a zero-vector instead of MP2-amplitudes:
{oqvccd(t),shiftp=0.8,shifts=0.6,nomp2=1;maxit,100}

3. Another option is to use e.g. distinguishable cluster amplitudes as a
starting guess for OQVCCD:
{bdcd,nomp2=1,shiftp=0.8,shifts=0.8;maxit,100;save,5200.2}
{oqvccd(t);maxit,100;start,5200.2}

You can find outputs of these last two options attached.

Best wishes,
Daniel