[molpro-user] accu=n bug in DFT

Hans-Joachim Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 22 11:54:48 CET 2017

Dear Matthias,
that accu=16 was not correctly working in geometry optimizations was indeed a bug which has now been fixed. It should appear in the next patch. For the time being please use the accu directive rather than the option (option accu=1.d-16 should also work).

Properties such as dipole moments and 2-electron energies depend in first order on errors of the MO coefficients, while the variational energy only in second order. Therefore it might indeed be necessary to tighten the threshold if you want very accurate properties. The default value of accu depends on the energy threshold, and is also automatically tightened in geometry optimizations or frequency calculations to ensure smooth convergence.

Best wishes
Joachim
---
Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Werner