[molpro-user] LT-DF-LCC2 question

Daniel Kats dnkats at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 09:26:41 CET 2018

Dear Attila, dear Tatiana

the largest calculation we did was over 100 atoms. Of course it strongly
depends on the compactness of the molecule, excitation, and basis set, but
i would say 100 atoms should be feasible.

Best wishes
Daniel

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:57 AM, Tatiana Korona <tania at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
> wrote:

> Dear Attila,
>
> I think increasing mxvl should solve the problem in eomorbdom2. The
> question is if the resulting final domains will be feasible for the rest of
> the program. Daniel Kats is more competent in this question :-)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Tatiana
>

>  On Tue, 13 Feb 2018, Attila Bende wrote:
>
> Dear Molpro Developers,
>>
>> I would like to perform a calculation for excited state using LT-DF-LCC2
>> for a bit larger molecular system (NAtom=98)
>> After the successfulDF-CIS procedure I got the following error:
>>
>>     *****   START SIMPLEX   *****
>> funct=  1.240956852702780E-006
>>
>> SIMPLEX final minimum  =         0.000001241   convergence =
>> 0.53E-15 in    329 iterations
>>
>>                    exp.fact.           weights
>> SIMPLEX              0.10498           0.27849
>> SIMPLEX              0.64600           0.88349
>> SIMPLEX              2.25048           2.76222
>> FULLD=                     2
>> ? Error
>> ? increase mxvl
>> ? The problem occurs in eomorbdom2
>>
>> Can the problem be solved by increasing the mxvl parameter or my system is
>> too large for such calculations.
>>
>> Thank you for your help in advance.
>>
>> Attila
>>

>> --
>> Dr. Bende Attila (PhD)
>> Senior Researcher I

>> National Institute of R&D of Isotopic and Molecular Technology
>> Str. Donath nr.65-103, C.P.700
>> Cluj-Napoca, R-400293, Romania
>> Phone:+40-264-584037, ext. 194, Fax: +40-264-420042
>> e-mail: bende at itim-cj.ro, attlbende at yahoo.co.uk
>> Web: http://www.itim-cj.ro/~bende/index.html
>>         http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-6539-2008

Daniel Kats
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research
Heisenbergstr. 1
D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany