[molpro-user] Molpro crashing for many settings

Martin Beseda martin.beseda at vsb.cz
Mon Jan 1 15:26:33 CET 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to compute potential energies for N2He+ in a linear geometry.
The computation is ok, when I'm trying to compute them for a few
distances N-H (1,2,3,4,5 Angstrom),

but when I try to compute it in more detail (1,1.1,1.2,1.3,...
Angstrom), then Molpro crashes after several computations. I suppose it
happens, because Molpro uses previous results as

a starting estimate.

So, is it possible to get rid of this behavior and solve the problem
like this?

The error itself is

      EXCESSIVE GRADIENT IN CI

The complete output file can be seen on the following link (too large to
be attached). N-H distance is described by the variable HeR.

Output file link: https://uloz.to/!4iN7rbC1n0bP/n2he-linear-out

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Martin Beseda