[molpro-user] Skip MCSCF and start CASPT2 with preoptimized MOs

Yuri Alexandre Aoto yurikungfu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 17:41:26 CET 2018

Dear Dawid,

I guess you are interested on running caspt calculations without performing
the CASSCF calculation in the same job run. You can try this:

1) run your CASSCF calculation:

***
memory,15,m
file,3,hf_cas.wfu,new

basis=cc-pVDZ

geom={F
      H,F,2.0}

{multi
wf,10,1,0
orbital,2140.3
}
---

2) make sure you save the file hf_cas.wfu

3) run your CASPT (or any post-MCSCF calculation), with the file
orb_cas.wfu in your molpro working directory:

***
memory,15,m
file,3,hf_cas.wfu

basis=cc-pVDZ