Intel fortran compiler and molpro

Paulo E. Abreu qtabreu at ci.uc.pt
Fri Nov 16 10:32:02 GMT 2001

Hiya,

I just want to point out that intel fortran compiler(ifc) is free for
personal/academia use and that portland's pgf90 isnt free at all (IMHO
compilers for linux are really expensive pieces of software). As there
isnt a GNU fortran 90 compiler yet (well g95 is coming along quite
nicely but who knows when it will be finished ?) I think that the molpro
team should try to support ifc, as it will be the choice for the
majority of linux users needing a fortran 77/90/95 compiler. As a final
remark : intel also provides optimized version of blas and lapack
libraries (math kernel libraries MKL) for linux.
This was without doubt a smart move from Intel providing linux users
with a fortran compiler for free!
In respect to the problem that Elmar reported maybe its just a
compiler's switch needed (-posixlib or something). If he cares to post a
patch/details of his changes to molpro I will be willing to help and
track down the problem.
Just my personal opinion ...
Regards,
Paulo E. Abreu

Departamento de Quimica                e-mail:qtabreu at ci.uc.pt
Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia                              -o)
da Universidade de Coimbra            TEL:351 239 852080        / \
3004-535 Coimbra                      FAX:351 239 827703       _\_v
Portugal
"Independent hackers account for 28% of corporate computers intrusions;
29% of break-ins come from other corporations;
35% are the work of disgruntled employees." (source: Kessler)