Installation problem of Molpro2000.1 on SGI,IRIX6.5.13

Peter Knowles P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 19:32:00 BST 2001

You need to do exactly what the message says ... get an SGI compiler
that compiles the quoted test program correctly with 8-byte integers!
Peter
At Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:23:58 ,
Ravneet Sachar wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> I am having a problem installing molpro2000.1 on SGI system running
> IRIX6.5.13
> When I run the "./configure" command, the error message reported is as
> follows..

> Machine architecture is unix unix-i8 unix-iris
> ./configure[130]: a.out:  not found
> There is a problem with 8-byte integer constant handling by the compiler
> This may be related to SGI bug 608953, which is fixed by patch 3265
> You will need to get the compiler fixed so that the following program runs
> correctly
>       namx=99999
>       call sreibw (namx)
>       call sreibw (99999)
>       end
>       subroutine sreibw (namx)
>       save iold
>       data iold/0/
>       if (iold.eq.0) then
>        iold=namx
>       else
>        if (iold.eq.namx) write (6,*) 'OK'
>       end if
>       end
>
> Please let m eknow what I should do to get molpro running and started.
> Thanks,
>

> Regards,
> Ravneet Sachar
> Dept of Chemistry, Southern Methodist Univ, Dallas.

Prof. Peter J. Knowles
Email P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk  Phone +44-121-414-7472  Fax +44-121-414-7471
School of Chemical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
WWW http://www.tc.bham.ac.uk/~peterk/