Brueckner orbitals

H.-J. Werner werner at tc2.theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Sep 25 16:10:46 BST 2001

This is to inform you that in the upcoming version 2001.1 the
first-order density matrices will be available for MP2 and QCISD
and can be in dump records as usual. The same is true
for the corresponding natural orbitals. I am sorry, but
this feature is not and will not be available in 2000.1.

Following your note, I will also modify the program to store
the Brueckner orbitals in a dump record. However, I do not
believe that it is a correct appraoch to use the Brueckner
orbitals to produce a density matrix. The correct effective
densities require to perform CPHF and CPCC calculations in order
to compute the response of the orbitals and amplitudes. This
is rather complicated stuff and unfortunately not so quick
to implement for all methods (CCSD, MP3 and MP4 are under way).

Best regards
H.-J. Werner

--
Prof. Hans-Joachim Werner