Molpro2000.6 problem

Peter Knowles P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 08:07:37 BST 2001

Tony, you can get round this problem by simply editing the line mxgrp=
in src/argos/binput.f and running make. With today's hundreds of
megabytes on even the humblest workstation, we are now in a position
to, and intend to, engineer this restriction away, but for now you
have to do what I recommend above.
Peter
At Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:18:02 +1000,
Tony Scott wrote:

> One of our group members has the following input deck:
>
>    ***,ccsd/MTA'V5Z//CCSD(T)/cc-pVQZ Magnesium Dihydroxide Mg(OH)2 C2
>   memory,75.0,M;
>   BASIS
>   h=v5z
>   spdfgh,o,av5z
>   p,O,195.5*3
>   d,O,5.879*3,5.879*9,5.879*27
>   f,O,4.016*3,4.016*9
>   g,O,3.35*3
>   spdfgh,Mg,v5z
>   p,Mg,.14410000E+04*3
>   d,Mg,0.11710000E+01*3
>   d,Mg,0.11710000E+01*9
>   d,Mg,0.11710000E+01*27
>   f,Mg,0.4480000*3
>   g,Mg,0.444*3
>   END
>
>   GEOMETRY
>   UNITS=ANGSTROM
>   MG,0,      0.000000,    0.000000,    0.000000
>   O,0,       0.000000,    1.775014,    0.000000
>   O,0,       0.000000,   -1.775014,    0.000000
>   H,0,       0.401475,    2.632372,    0.000000
>   H,0,      -0.401475,   -2.632372,    0.000000
>   ENDG
>   int;
>   rhf;
>   accu,12;
>   maxit,150;
>   ccsd;
>   ---
>
> which gives the following output and error:
>
> >  mxmblk= 32  mxmbln= 32  ncache=  8192  noblas=0  nroll=3
>
> >                                          ***  PROGRAM SYSTEM MOLPRO  ***
> >                                       Copyright, University of
> > Birmingham, 1997
> >
> >                                     Version 2000.6 linked 23 Apr 2001
> > 12:17:16
> >

> > *************************************************************************
> >  LABEL *   CCSD/MTA'V5Z//CCSD(T)/CC-PVQZ MAGNESIUM DIHYDROXIDE MG(OH)2
> > C2
> >  OSF1-V5.1/sc37(alpha)    64 bit
> > Version                                                 DATE:
> > 28-Sep-01         TIME: 11:28:44
> >
> > *************************************************************************
> >
> >  Installed patches: bccd f77fix fujitsu ibmconf1 tripudec varfreq2
> >

> >  Modules:           bench direct doc local
> >
> > *************************************************************************
> >
> >  Variable memory set to   75000000 words,  buffer space   158000 words
> >

> >  Using spherical harmonics
> >
> >  Library entry MG     S V5Z                  selected for orbital
> > group  1
> >  Library entry MG     P V5Z                  selected for orbital
> > group  1
> >  Library entry MG     D V5Z                  selected for orbital
> > group  1
> >  Library entry MG     F V5Z                  selected for orbital
> > group  1
> >  Library entry MG     G V5Z                  selected for orbital
> > group  1
> >  Library entry MG     H V5Z                  selected for orbital
> > group  1
> >  Library entry O      S AV5Z                 selected for orbital
> [...]

Prof. Peter J. Knowles
Email P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk  Phone +44-121-414-7472  Fax +44-121-414-7471
School of Chemical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
WWW http://www.tc.bham.ac.uk/~peterk/