spin orbit c2h ?bug?

Peter Knowles P.J.Knowles at bham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 8 22:16:06 BST 2002

The 'INCONSISTENT SYMMETRY GENERATOR' message is a clear error in the
program that has now been fixed in the development version. This fix
will be made available for 2002.1 shortly.

If I have understood correctly, you are attempting to calculate the
spin-orbit interaction between a gerade and an ungerade state. But the
Breit-Pauli operator is gerade, and therefore this matrix element is
zero. Of course, it will make no difference if the molecule is
rotated, or if symmetry is not exploited in the computation.  Or have
I misunderstood?