Not able to tune or test MOLPRO 2002.3

Nick Wilson nickw at stchem.bham.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 19:01:53 GMT 2002

Dear Carl,

If you look in bin/molpro.rc you should see some lines which look like:
--environment MOLPRO_MXMBLK=064
--environment MOLPRO_MXMBLN=064
--environment MOLPRO_CACHE=012288
--environment MOLPRO_UNROLL=2
--environment MOLPRO_MINDGM=08
--environment MOLPRO_MINDGC=12
--environment MOLPRO_MINDGR=02
--environment MOLPRO_MINDGL=06
--environment MOLPRO_MINDGV=15
--environment MOLPRO_FLOPMXM=00554
--environment MOLPRO_FLOPDGM=00743
--environment MOLPRO_FLOPMXV=00392
--environment MOLPRO_FLOPDGV=00287
Are some of the numbers are ***'s? If this is the case then it is due to some
fortran format statements which are too small.

We patched this is in the development version and I have just deposited a
patch for 2002.3 called tuning_format which should solve the problem.
You should:
1. Delete the above lines from bin/molpro.rc
2. Run ./patcher in the main molpro directory
3. If you get an error message saying something like you must upgrade
    patcher or rerun configure then do:
    ./configure        (may or may not be necessary)
    make -C utilities patcher
    ./patcher
     iteratively until all patches have been applied.
4. make
5. ./bin/molpro tuning.com

Hope it works,
Nick Wilson