large files under RedHat 7.2

Gershom (Jan M.L.) Martin comartin at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Fri Feb 22 14:38:46 GMT 2002

Hello:

a Linux newbie question perhaps:

we have RedHat 7.2 installed, which is supposed to have support for large
files (>2 GB) built in. Yet all my attempts to get MOLPRO (or anything
else) to deal with files >2 GB have met with complete failure.

Is there something terribly obvious that I am overlooking? Does the large
file  support require recompiling the RedHat kernel, and if yes, with what
options?

I know this technically isn't a MOLPRO question, but if anybody would have
run into this problem before and solved it, he/she is likely to be on this
list.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards
Jan
prof. Gershom (Jan M.L.) Martin           Computational Quantum Chemistry
         Department of Organic Chemistry/Sieff Building, Room 239
          Weizmann Institute of Science/IL-76100 Rechovot/ISRAEL
Email:       comartin at wicc.weizmann.ac.il           Phone: +972(8)9342533
Web site:  http://theochem.weizmann.ac.il/            FAX: +972(8)9344142
***** It may well be that not all musicians believe in G-d. All of  *****
***** them, however, do believe in Bach. --- Mauricio Kagel         *****