(fwd) saving orbital configurations and weights from sacasscf for mrci

H. -J. Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 2 13:39:29 BST 2002

State-averaging with states of different spin-multiplicity only works
with Slater derminants (no config card). The save,ref=... command
implies, however, the use of CSFs (since the subsequent mrci uses CSFs).
Thus, what you attempted to do is not possible.
However, you could circumvent the problem as follows:

***,O2 valence states, cs symmetry
r=1.20926 ang
geometry={x;O1;O2,O1,r}
rhf;wf,16,2,2
multi
wf,16,1,0;state,2;lquant,0,2;
wf,16,2,2;
natorb,ci,print;

multi;dont,orbi;save,ref=4000.1;     !save coefficients for singlet states
wf,16,1,0;state,2;lquant,0,2;
natorb,ci,print;
multi;dont,orbi;save,ref=5000.1;     !save configurations for triplet state
wf,16,2,2;
natorb,ci,print;

The last two calculations just save the configurations without
changing the orbitals.
Best regards
Joachim Werner

----- Forwarded message from Tim Robinson <tim at loki.otago.ac.nz> -----