Molpro 2002 with Itanium64 system

James A.J. Fitzpatrick J.Fitzpatrick at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 15:31:20 BST 2003

Hi Miles,

Have put gcc (3.3) & binutils (2.13.1) on the machine, and now by a quirk
of fate, machine.exe won't compile and the configure scripts screws up!

If I configure and make with previous version of gcc and then put the new
ld in my path and remake (bit dodgy I know :) ) molpro does link, but all
the test jobs fail.

Any other ideas??
Cheers,
James.

--On 31 July 2003 13:44 +0100 "Deegan, Miles" <miles.deegan at hp.com> wrote:

> James
>
> Seen this problem before and it should be cured by using v 2.13 of GNU ld
> instead of 2.11. Let me know if you still have problems.
>
> Miles

---
James A.J. Fitzpatrick
Laser Chemistry and Dynamics Group
School of Chemistry, Cantock's Close, Bristol BS8 1TS, UK.
Telephone (Office) : +44 117 928 9938,
Telephone (Lab)    : +44 117 928 8187
Fax : +44 117 925 0612

E-mail : j.fitzpatrick at bris.ac.uk