alpha: 4 jobs and crawling?

Thomas Weber thw at chemie.uni-kl.de
Tue Jun 3 14:15:55 BST 2003

Am Dienstag, 3. Juni 2003 14:49 schrieb Pawel Dziekonski:

> it is obvious that M. jobs "interfere" with each other in some way.
> they are definitely not swapping!  my 1st suspect-ion was that i/o is so
> intensive however I can't find ANY temporary files created by those
> jobs. where are they???

Molpro files are invisible. They are marked deleted. On Linux you can make
them visible with a "lsof" (list open files) command. I dont know if it can
be compiled on Tru64.

There is a Tool "Performance Visualizer" from Digital which you can get from
the following URL, and shows you nice diagramms.

ftp://ftp.digital.com/private/pvis/README.html

so long
Thomas.

Thomas Weber,  University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
                   Dept. of Theoretical Chemistry
                   http://iris2.chemie.uni-kl.de
                   thw at chemie.uni-kl.de    0631-205-2064