alpha: 4 jobs and crawling?

Pawel Dziekonski pawel.dziekonski at pwr.wroc.pl
Tue Jun 3 16:12:56 BST 2003

On wto, 03 cze 2003 at 05:18:43 +0300, Gershom Martin wrote:
> Are you by any chance running a scratch volume striped (=RAID-0) in
> software (via LSM) rather than in hardware?
>
> We saw in general that such "soft RAID" works fine as long as you
> have only one highly I/O intensive job, but that it drops like
> a stone the moment you run 2 or more I/O intensive jobs.

hi,

now i have 2 gaussians - b3lyp w/ stability and ccsdt freqs,
large cpmd job and molpro cas w/ freqs. all run at 100% cpu.

and yes, indeed /scratch is striped via LSM from 2 disks.
this seems to be an answer... thanks!

what are "pros" of hiding molpro temp files???
regards, P
--
Pawel Dziekonski <pawel.dziekonski at pwr.wroc.pl>, KDM WCSS avatar:0:0:
-> See message headers for privacy policy info.