[molpro-user] Error when molpro run over multiple nodes

Wheeler, Dr M.D. mdw10 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 21:55:05 GMT 2004

Dear Molpro users,

I am running molprop_2002_6_i8_amd64_tcgmsg

compiled using pgf90 (5.2), acml blas, global arrays 3.3.1 (fastsse disabled)

Has anyone encountered the error messages

4:Child process terminated prematurely, status=: 9
  4: ARMCI aborting 9 (0x9).

I only see these messages when I run a job over multiple nodes on our cluster, it runs fine when only run on 2 CPUS on a single node.

Looking back in the list I see some talk about asynchronous I/O and global arrays could this apply to this situation??  If so does anyone have a simple fix?

Thanks in advance,

Martyn