[molpro-user] how to run molpro across an opteron cluster

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Dec 10 01:22:15 GMT 2004

Hi Seth,

I put some hints online at the SGE mailing list:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=22687&listName=users

just follow the whole thread back.

1) Recompile Global Arrays to use an rsh in the $PATH (not ssh directly, this
should be handled by SGE)
2) Change SGE to use ssh (passwordless), this will be used by the rsh-wrapper
in the qrsh
3) Prepare a PE with a hostlist in the PBS_NODEFILE format, i.e. not unique or
with no. of CPUs but with one line per used CPU (like mpich without shared
memory)
4) Create the same scratch directory on all nodes (you can use the $TMPDIR name
of SGE in your jobscript and create it on all the node in the machines file)

5) Run the job

6) Remove scratch directories on the nodes

CU - Reuti