[molpro-user] NSTATI!!!

Joseph Lane jlane at alkali.otago.ac.nz
Tue Mar 23 23:21:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to do some MRCI excited state calculations of SO2 using Cs
symmetry but keep coming up with the following error:

  NO VECTOR OF INTERNAL CI OVERLAPS SUFFICIENTLY WITH REFERENCE VECTOR 1.
INCREASE NSTATI!

  OVERLAP BETWEEN INITIAL AND PRESENT VECTORS

I have tried to increase NSATI, and also tried to increase the number of
states calculated in the previous CASSCF.

The problem does not occur if the geometry is described as C2v, or if it
is reduced to Cs from a C2v Z-matrix.

Any ideas???

I note that this problem has been decribed several times with no answer,
could someone PLEASE respond this time

The input file is as follows:

  ***,SO2 Cs
  mem, 200,M