[molpro-user] Triplet Phi States

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Thu Jun 9 23:51:57 BST 2005

Ed,

you'll want to use both "occ" and "closed" cards to specify the
occupation
of the molecular orbitals for your state of interest. Then give it 2 wf
cards
that will state average the 2 components of the Phi, e.g.,
wf,#e's,2,2;
wf,#e's,3,2;
your occ and closed cards will determine the d and p occupations (sort
of). One
often has to rotate your initial orbitals to get the correct orbitals
occupied. You might
want to also calculate the lz expectation value to make sure you get a
Phi state
and not a Pi state (although I'm not sure if a Pi state is possible in
this case).

-Kirk