[molpro-user] Triplet Phi States

Allan East allan.east at uregina.ca
Fri Jun 10 00:11:38 BST 2005

Hi Edmund;

I can answer this one, since we worked on the doublet phi state for NO
this past year.

The wf card is for the state wavefunction, not individual orbitals.
Also, the program will work in C2v rather than C-inf-v, so you'll have 4
symmetry classes (A1, B1, B2, A2) to consider.

For a triplet phi state you want either:
wf,e#,2,2 (the x component) or wf,e#,3,2 (the y component)
together with an LQUANT=3 flag (for the phi rather than the pi).
Careful choice of the OCC card (number of occupied orbitals of each
symmetry in C2v) might be required.  During the run, MOLPRO will then
decide what the optimal singly occupied orbitals should be as it
converges the wavefunction --- an ORBPRINT or maybe GPRINT card will
spit out the LCAO-MO's to tell you what those are.  Sounds like you
shouldn't need f functions to find the phi state, although they might
help if you're looking for a super-accurate energy.

Sincerely,
Allan East
University of Regina