[molpro-user] What goes into optconv?

Dr. Seth Olsen s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Fri Jan 13 00:21:58 GMT 2006

Thank you, Professor Werner, for this reply and also to the reply to my
question about improving CASSCF convergence.  Regarding the step vector
and optconv, I have noticed that optconv is dependent upon the
specifications for 'step' that are used as additional options for 'opt'
or 'optg' (particularly for conical intersection optimizations).  At the
root of my original question was a desire to double-check that I was not
artificially forcing convergence of a minimal energy intersection search
via the specification of very small initial and maximum step sizes.  I
would therefore ask the list: is it possible to artificially force
convergence in this manner?

Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,
Seth