[molpro-user] Overriding geometry (and basis) reordering in molpro?

Dr. Seth Olsen s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Fri Mar 24 07:35:53 GMT 2006

Hi Kirk,

Actually, I have always used NOORIENT (it's in the output file I
attached),  however, your comment motivated me to test something - it
seems that NOORIENT does not do this if it follows NOSYMM as in

geometry={nosymm;noorient;angstrom;

This is the format that I used in the output I sent previously (and the
one I have always used).  However,

geometry={noorient;nosymm;angstrom;

works fine, leaving the order unaltered and keeping everything in the C1
symmetry group.

Many thanks.  I have apparently never tested the possibility that the
ordering of these directives could matter.  A handful of scripts that I
have written over the years to fix the problem the long way are now
obsolete - and I am happy to see them go.   Cheers!

Best Regards,

Seth