[molpro-user] Overriding geometry (and basis) reordering in molpro?

Dr. Seth Olsen s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 28 13:07:42 BST 2006

Hi Molpro-Users,

I recind my joy.  Upon looking back at the output, it does not seem that
'noorient' does this.  I believe that it just leaves the molecule fixed
in the spatial orientation in which it was input.  It does not seem to
fix the sorting of the atomic centers according to element.  Until I
figure out a hidden switch or a magic word, I'm probably just going to
chalk this up to one of those quirky things that MolPro does in the name
of efficiency which end up getting in the way if you don't need them
(like, for example, unlinked temporary files).  I'm quite sure that if
symmetry is used, than this sorting can come in handy.  My tough luck
that I don't use symmetry often.

Probably sometime soon I'll write up a python script to do the orbital
splicing automatically from ASCII files that matrop writes out.  This
will save a little effort and inconvience by eliminating the need for
complicated offset jockeying in the merge deck.  When I have this
working to my satisfaction, I'll post it to the list.

Cheers,

Seth

--
ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomolecular Modeling Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Chemistry Building,
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 33653732
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms