[molpro-user] trouble configuring using Intel fortran on amd64 (opteron)

Kelly Higgins higgins at otto.harvard.edu
Sat May 27 06:38:20 BST 2006

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your quick response on the eve of Memorial Day weekend.  I
tried a number of options including -ifc and setting IA64ROOT to no
avail.  In looking through the getmachine script it appears the Intel
compiler is only set up for 64 bit compilation for the Itanium
architecture and not the x86_64 architecture.  The compiler for 64 bit
x86_64's is called using ifort or ifc, not efc as in the case of the
Itanium, so configure assumes it is the 32 bit compiler and uses a CFLAG
of -m32, which leads to the error about the incompatible libsvml.a.
I've been modifying the getmachine script to work with the x86_64 ifc
compiler but I haven't gotten it to work yet and I'm not sure about all
of the flags that should be set.

Does anyone have a CONFIG file that works for x86_64's in 64 bit mode
using Intel 9.0 fortran and 8.1 mkl?  This configuration is listed in
the 'Supported machines' but I didn't find a CONFIG file on the
'Benchmarks' page.

Thanks,
Kelly