[molpro-user] Syntax for constraints in SLAPAF

Dr. Seth Olsen s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 27 22:43:05 GMT 2006

Name: warning1.txt
-------------- next part --------------

Hi Molpro-users,

I have been trying to optimize a geometry under constraint using SLAPAF
in Molpro.  My optimization deck looks like:

{optg,gauss,method=slrf
constraint,0.0,bond,atoms=[19,11],-1.0,bond,atoms=[19,10]}

This is supposed to keep two OH bonds equal to each other (the hydrogen
at the midpoint of a proton donor/acceptor pair).  The constraint is not
enforced during the optimization, and the system relaxes dowards one of
the minima.  I have attached my input deck for further reference.  Is
there anyone on the list who can suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,

Seth