[molpro-user] Molpro 2006.1 mpirun

Joseph Lane jlane at alkali.otago.ac.nz
Tue May 1 06:21:22 BST 2007

I have just compiled molpro 2006.1 on our SGI Altix system. The test jobs
all ran fine, and my initial benchmarks look good. However, I can no
longer submit jobs using our Torque/Maui batch queue system. The
equivalent scripts with molpro 2002.6 work fine, but it seems the way
mpirun is used is different.

It seems that molpro 2006.1 is incorrectly guessing the number of cpus
 from my submission script, and uses a different syntax for mpirun that
causes the following error

/usr/bin/mpirun -machinefile /usr/spool/PBS/aux//2253.ou019132.otago.ac.nz
-np 1 /usr/bin/dplace -s1
/home/qchem/molpro2006.1/bin/molprop_2006_1_i8_ia64_mpi.exe
MPI: bad process count

The number of processors always defaults to 1, irrespective of the number
of cpus requested.

 From what I can tell, SGI's version of mpirun does not allow the
"-machinefile" option.

How can I disable this 'automatic' guessing of ncpus so that it behaves
more similar to molpro 2002.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Jo