[molpro-user] Molpro 2006.1 mpirun

Manhui Wang wangm9 at Cardiff.ac.uk
Tue May 1 11:17:09 BST 2007

Dear Joseph Lane,
     For your problem, I just quote a probably temporary solution on
SGI Altix system. Hopefully it helps.

Comments to your request #7693 by aaron.mcdonough:

For your problem:

I found that in utilities/molpro.c there is some logic to check for the
PBS_NODEFILE environment variable. If it is set, which it is for cherax
in batch mode (as we use PBS), then molpro will set a '-machinefile
$PBS_NODEFILE' argument for mpirun. Unfortunately, the SGI/Altix mpirun
doesn't have this option. You can workaround this by unsetting the
PBS_NODEFILE in your script:

#!/bin/bash
#PBS -l walltime=2:0:0
#PBS -l ncpus=2