[molpro-user] MXDEL

Hanneli Hudock hudock at spawn.scs.uiuc.edu
Fri May 30 16:41:25 BST 2008

Dear all,

I get an error in MULTI that says "MXDEL;The problem occurs in
AUGI".  It appears that this has to do with orbital rotations.  I
have tried nearly every possible combination of active space and
number of states and cannot get this error to disappear.  Is there
some setting where I can increase the number of rotations or the
threshhold or in some other way address this problem?  I have
gradients of less than 10-6 when this happens, and I'm continuing the
wavefunction from a nearby geometry, so I do not think there should
be a need for concern (this does not appear to represent a situation
where I am attempting to do something unphysical).

I have seen this posted on the mailing list a few other times with no
reply.  If someone has the answer, I'm sure several others would be
grateful to know the answer as well.

Thank you,
Hanneli