[molpro-user] Computing higher roots in MRCI

Garnet Chan gkc1000 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:41:52 BST 2009

Gerald is correct in that one can't target the "n" th eigenvector
directly, but, one CAN use the concept of Harmonic Ritz vectors to
obtain excited state eigenvalues near
a given input energy E without getting the other roots. You won't know
then if it's say the 6th or the 7th root, but you can
say it's the root closest to E. This is not implemented in Molpro
currently, but it would be simple to do so.