[molpro-user] Computing higher roots in MRCI

Tatiana Korona tania at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Tue Apr 14 16:45:35 BST 2009

Hi, Gerald,

In the Davidson diagonalization routine you can lock on a specific vector,
i.e. you can calculate the nth vector without optimizing the lower n-1.
You should keep of course the lower vectors in the P space, but you update
only the desired one(s). You are however, not guaranteed to converge to
the right answer (sometimes the diagonalization routine can "lock" on a
wrong root, which at the first iteration happens to be the nth one, but
after some optimizing would change its place). I programmed such algorithm
once for EOM-CCSD, but the question remains how to do the same for MRCI.

Best wishes,

Tatiana