[molpro-user] explicit fitting basis problem with -f12 methods

Jason Byrd byrd at phys.uconn.edu
Fri Dec 4 21:56:14 GMT 2009

Molpro users,

I am trying to do a proof of concept CCSD(T)-F12 calculation using the
VTZ basis sets for the Be atom.  Reading through the mailing list, it
seems that I can do this by defining
ccsd(t)-f12,df_basis=vtz,ri_basis=vtz,df_basis_exch=vtz
However this does not work!  What I get is this:

      Cannot find default basis VTZ for atom Be
      Type=FIT
      Context=JKFIT

      Please specify a default basis or define basis sets for all atoms!

Is it not possible to define a df_basis_exch basis set explicitly?  My
input is below and attached is my output file:

    *** Be ccsd(t)-f12

    memory,275,M

    basis=vtz

    geometry={
             Be
    }

    hf

    ccsd(t)-f12,df_basis=avtz,ri_basis=vtz,df_basis_exch=vtz

---

Sincerely,
Jason

--