[molpro-user] Is it possible to do geometry optimization "by hands" via a do-loop

Hans-Joachim Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 9 08:07:55 GMT 2009

The OPT command does not exist any more. Of course the hessian is
updated
in each step, and it is also possible to use more accurate hessians
(either
by computing it during the optimization or using a previously computed
hessian).
These hessians can be computed at lower level than the energy/gradient
(see manual).
You can also use the STARTCMD or PROCEDURE options to construct your own
more complicated procedure for the energy calculation (this is more or
less
like using a do-loop). In case of convergence problems it is sometimes
helpful to use {optg;method,diis}