[molpro-user] Is it possible to do geometry optimization "by hands" via a do-loop

Evgeniy Gromov Evgeniy.Gromov at pci.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 9 09:02:43 GMT 2009

Dear Professor Werner,

Thank you for your response to my question. There is however
some uncertainty left concerning updating the (model) Hessian.
If I use the following cycle for geometry optimization:

do i=1,20
label:
(here are procedures to calculate the energy to be (numerically)
differentiated)
forces,startcmd=label:, ... (and so on)
optg,maxit=1
end do
---

will the hessian be updated in this case?
Sorry my re-asking you but I am concerning that OPTG
will generate a new hessian in each do-loop step (because it is
always like the first optimization step for it), won't it?
Many Thanks!

Best regards,
Evgeniy

E-mail: evgeniy at pci.uni-heidelberg.de