[molpro-user] Counterpoise correction for Na+He

Tim Wright Tim.Wright at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 8 11:46:26 GMT 2010

Hi,
the problem is that for Na+ there are no valence electrons, so the
default core is all electrons; hence noe left to correlate in the CCSD
treatment.  You need to have a smaller core - use the core command.
Something similar was discussed recently on Li+.  We ran into this
problem many years ago.
Tim