[molpro-user] Counterpoise correction for Na+He

jklos at umd.edu jklos at umd.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:53:18 GMT 2010

Dear Yang,

In your attached output the dimer calculation have 1 orbital correlated in
CCSD(T), the one belonging to He:

Number of core orbitals:           5 (   3   1   1   0 )
 Number of closed-shell orbitals:   1 (   1   0   0   0 )

When you dummy He you end up with no occ card with only core orbitals, so
ccsd have nothing to correlate. You need to use occ card for a dimer and Na+
monomer to move 3s shell of Na out of the core and use core,2 card in ccsd(t).

Best
Jacek Klos