[molpro-user] getting the state average MO in a multi computation

Jacky LIEVIN jlievin at ulb.ac.be
Sun Jan 3 09:22:52 GMT 2010

Dear Francoise,

you can dump the state average density matrix and the corresponding LCAO matrix using the matrop utility, as in the example below.

best wishes for 2010

Jacky

***,h2o
gprint,orbitals,civector
r=1.85,theta=104
geometry={o;
          h1,O,r;
          h2,O,r,H1,theta}
basis=VDZ
hf
{multi;
wf,10,1,0;state,2}
{matrop;
load,orb;
print,orb;
load,den
print,den}

Le 30 déc. 2009 à 11:29, Francoise Remacle a écrit :

> We are using molpro and the multi keyword to compute excited states.
> We then need to build a one electron rho matrix for a given
> superposition of these excited states.
> for this, we need the LCAO coefficients of the average MO's that are
> used to build the CSF's , whose integer occupation numbers are listed
> below the subtitle 'CI vectors' in the molpro output.
> We would like to know which keyword we need to use to dump the matrix
> for these LCAO coefficients.
> As far as we understand, these are not the LCAO of the state averaged
> natural orbitals that diagonalize the state averaged rho matrix.
> Could you kindly tell us how to proceed?
> Many thanks in advance ,
> Best wishes for the New Year,
> Francoise Remacle

Jacky Liévin
Service de Chimie Quantique et Photophysique
Université Libre de Bruxelles, CPi 160/09
50 av F.D. Roosevelt
B-1050 Bruxelles
Belgium
Tel: +32-2-650 4089