[molpro-user] getting state average MO in a multi computation

Peter Knowles KnowlesPJ at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Jan 4 10:39:30 GMT 2010

The following input does what I think you want. You can choose the standard Molden format, or Molpro's xml-based format, according to your taste.

Or you may be asking which orbitals are actually used in the printed CI wavefunction. In the example given, these are the state-averaged orbitals, but you can control this using the NATORB subcommand of MCSCF (see http://www.molpro.net/info/current/doc/manual/node236.html)

Peter

geometry={b;h,b,2.3}
rhf
{mcscf;wf,,1;state,3;wf,,4;natorb,5000.2,ci}
put,molden,modump.molden
put,xml,modump.xml

--
Prof. Peter J. Knowles
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Main Building, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK