[molpro-user] File I/O on molpro2008 parallel version

Neeraj Rai neerajrai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:58:49 GMT 2010

Hello all,

     So far I have run molpro calculation on a single node with many cores
and lot of memory and it wrote nearly 200Gb of in the temporary files on the
scratch space on that particular node. If I were to run the same job with
multiple nodes each with much less memory (distributed memory paradigm) will
each node write these large files on the scratch space or read/write is done
on one node and then distributed across node so my disk requirements will
not balloon with more nodes I request. or if codes writes on individual
nodes will the file size be smaller?

     Thanks.

--
Regards,