[molpro-user] convergence problems with RHF

Grant Hill jghill at wsu.edu
Thu Jan 28 18:16:40 GMT 2010

Dimitri,

It is no use playing around with the convergence of the geometry optimizer when your initial SCF energy is bouncing around like crazy. Assuming your basis set etc. is ok, perhaps you can try to improve your initial guess. One way would be to run multi first, but I've no experience of doing this on such a large system.

Additionally, why turn symmetry off and then use occ,15,24?

HTH,

Grant