[molpro-user] threshhold for MULTI

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 16:12:57 GMT 2010

Lydia,

When running optg, the multi thresholds are automatically set tighter.
The value of the thresholds used in multi when running optg is the
minimum of the input thresholds, or an internal default (not documented)
which is tighter than in regular multi-calculation.

This explains why you do not appear to see a change with respect to your
input values, try setting the thresholds very tight, eg.:

gthresh,gradient=1.11d-9,energy=2.22d-9,step=3.33.d-9

and you will see these values are used by optg multi calculations.

Best wishes,

Andy