[molpro-user] Local eom-ccsd crashes with the error: Y in K inconsistency in domain detected

Evgeniy Gromov Evgeniy.Gromov at pci.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Apr 23 11:20:38 BST 2011

Dear Tatiana,

Thanks for your response. I am interested in local EOM-CCSD/CC2/ADC2
calculations and just wanted to try it up (in particular EOM-CCSD).
So I chose water for that (testing) purpose. Here is my input:

***,Test
memory,100,m
gdirect
a=0.52917706
gprint,basis
symmetry,nosym
geometry={
o;
h1,o,r;
h2,o,r,h1,alpha
}
r=0.96 ang
alpha=104.0
!
basis=cc-pVDZ
hf
orbprint,20
!
lccsd;
!core
maxit,100
eom,-2.1;
eompar,eomlocal=1
maxiter=100
---

I ran it in parallel on 8 processors. The CCSD step went
fine, but EOM-CCSD crashed before any iteration with that
error. Here is the last few lines of the output:

   Number of double EOM amplitudes:     5760 (  0.04 MB)
   Alpha(ij,kl) for new strong CCSD pairs (ij),(kl)

   Number of operators y(ijk):     64 (  0.01 MB)
  Recalculate LCCSD external matrices
  ? Error
  ? wrong value of yijk=1
  ? The problem occurs in ycalc_loc4

Just an additional, related question:
Can one use local EOM-CCSD/CC2/ADC2 with diffuse basis sets
(for instance aug-cc-pVXZ, X=D,T,etc). How efficient is the
local approximation in this case. If you have references to
some work I will very appreciate them.

Best wishes (and nice Easter),
Evgeniy

--