[molpro-user] Any option to visualize the vibrational modes and molecular orbitals

Leon Freitag leon_fraitak at mail.ru
Wed Aug 31 14:44:18 BST 2011

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 14:08:47 samala nagaprasad reddy wrote:
> Sir,
>  My self, S. Nagaprasad Reddy, pursuing Ph.D under the guidance of Prof. S.
> Mahapatra, school of chemistry, University of Hyderabad, India.
>
> I have done optimization and freq calculations of ground and second excited
> state of urea molecule with MRCI, Molpro-2010.1. I want to see the
> vibrational modes. In gaussian we can check the vibrations  using Gaussview
> visualization software. I want that type of option to show the vibrational
> modes.
>
>           One more question is i have calculated excited state energies
> using EOM-CCSD. In that output it's showing
> the excitation like
>
> 9.1 -> 10.1 -is first excitation and
>
> 7.2 -> 10.1 -is second excitation............and so on.
>
> How we confirm the excitation type (means  pi-pi*,  n-pi*,  pi-sigma*,
> .........) of the above excitations.
>

> Thanks in advance
> S. Nagaprasad Reddy.

Dear Nagaprasad,

one possibility is to use Molden, which can be obtained free of charge at
http://www.cmbi.ru.nl/molden/. The directive put,molden,<filename>.molden at
the end of the Molpro input file will instruct Molpro to produce a Molden
file, which you can then open with Molden to visualise the MOs and assign the
excitations.

Best wishes
Leon