[molpro-user] DF-DFT-SAPT calculation requires too much memory

WU Yanbin wuyb02 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:18:51 BST 2011

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to do DF-DFT-SAPT calculations. And I started with the sample
example of Ne-Ar interactions.

The calculation was ran with 8 processors.
The job required 490GB memory. If the allocated memory is smaller than
400GB, the job would be killed due to inadequate memory.

The simulation time for the job is around one hour, which is much long than
DFT-SAPT calculation of the same system (which only takes about 1 minute
with 500MB memory).
The computation resources I'm using is a distributed-memory system. And I
would like to provide more details of the clusters if necessary.

Despite the long simulation time, the simulation result is the same as the
sample output.

The input and output file are attached.

Is there any keyword I should use to reduce the memory use and simulation
time?
If I'm speculating that the density fitting code is not compiled properly,
anything I should do to verify that and how I can fix this compiling
problem?

Any hint is appreciated. Do let me know if the question is not made clear.

Thank you.

Best,
Yanbin