[molpro-user] DF-DFT-SAPT calculation requires too much memory

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Jul 12 13:47:33 BST 2011

Yanbin,

This job should not require anywhere near that amount of memory. What
happens if you run the example without the 'memory' directive you added?
Please find attached the output of this job on our machines, which took
under 1 minute with 8 processes.

How many cores are there on the node where you ran the 8 processes?
There should be no MPI communication issues since the job was run on
only 1 node. Perhaps there are problems with the disk I/O, are any of
the disks (/scratch and /u) lustre/NFS mounted?

I also notice this is PL1, I suggest to install PL23 to get the latest
updates and bug fixes.

Best wishes,

Andy