[molpro-user] CI vectors, single vs. multiple state calcs

Seth Olsen s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Sat Mar 19 07:41:30 GMT 2011

Hi Terry hope you're well. I don't have a straight answer for you but I do know that when issues like this come up in the forums the answer almost always contains the term 'Pspace'.  Use one of the gprint options to print out the results of the initial pspace diagonalization. As I understand it, this result is the initial guess to the subsequent iterative CI algorithm. It may be that the Pspace is being chosen differently. This doesn't explain much: if the problem is very sensitive to the initial guess then the answer is going to be the same as always: use another active space. However, if you ensure the initial problem is the same in both cases then this may solve the immediate problem. -Seth

Sent from my iPad