[molpro-user] Installing molpro - GA toolkit needed, or can we use openmpi by itself?

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Sep 6 14:18:02 BST 2011

Benji,

I see nothing obviously wrong with your CONFIG file, I've just tested
building a copy of Molpro with pretty much the same versions of
compilers, libraries etc. as you, and it works fine.

The problem you saw is that the auxiliary file ABDATA is not present.
This file (and others) are created at 'make' time by running an
initialization job. Can you check the contents of lib/init.log which
should have the output from running that job? It looks as though your
openmpi build has been configured with some special options to interact
with the queue system, does this prevent the use of mpirun on the
(head?) node where you are building?

Best wishes,

Andy